Wesleyan Weekend 2022 Wrap-Up

Willard and Theta Chi team accepting and    celebrating their trophy Friday Night. (Lexi Nordby)

As Wesleyan Weekend 2022 comes to an end, students are looking back on all the events and memories made. Annually, Nebraska Wesleyan University puts on a ton of fun events for students, alumni, and families. This celebration began on Thursday, September 29th and concluded the night of Sunday October 2nd. This weekend has previously been known as Homecoming, but NWU decided it was time to switch things up. The weekend began with Nerdology Trivia Night where students could test their trivia knowledge over a variety of topics and earn prizes. On Friday night, there was an event called Howl Like Hell. This event is a dance battle in which a sorority is paired with a fraternity and the Football Team is paired with the cheerleaders. This year, the trophy was awarded to Willard and Theta Chi.

A Wesleyan student, Drew Girling, with her family enjoying the carnival

On Saturday, three athletic teams ended up battling it out all on their own turf. Prior to these games, Wesleyan hosted a Carnival for all on Taylor Commons. This included cornhole, bounce houses, jumbo Jenga, ladder ball, food, entertainment and so much more.

Wesleyan students come together to play Jumbo Jenga at the Carnival

Nebraska Wesleyan’s football team played at 1:00pm versus Central College. The team fought hard but ended up losing 0-58. At halftime, the Gold Rush dance team showed off their dance skills with a new pom routine. There also was a presentation for the 10 Platinum PWolves, the newest Hall of Fame inductees, and a mentoring program with former NWU Football Players.

Nebraska Wesleyan’s cheer squad, cheering on the football team on the sidelines

Throughout the entire game, the cheer team stood on the sidelines cheering on the football team. Newly this year, the cheer team has begun stunting and were very excited to show off these skills during the game.

A pack of P-wolves work together to tackle a Central Player

Following the football game, there was Bingo on the Green’ and a movie watch night. Beginning around 5pm, the Nebraska Wesleyan men’s soccer team played against Coe College and brought home a Wesleyan win with a score of 4-0. Following the men’s game, the Nebraska Wesleyan women’s soccer team played against Coe College and brought home yet another Nebraska Wesleyan win with the score of 2-0. The weekend wrapped up on Sunday with Goat Yoga.

Mentors from a NWU mentoring program walking off the field together

The newest inductees into Wesleyan’s Hall-of-Fame

Nebraska Wesleyan’s Carnival with festivities

The Nebraska Wesleyan Gold Rush Dance team posing at halftime seconds after they finished their routine
One of Wesleyan’s cheerleaders, Nicole Strater on top of the stung with her fellow teammates supporting her up 
Nebraska Wesleyan men’s soccer team celebrating their first goal of the game by surrounding their teammates
With seconds remaining, the women attempt to score again

Wesleyan Weekend 2023 will take place On September 28 – October 1. Mark your calendars to see what new things Wesleyan has in store!